10 Best Kid-Friendly Restaurants in London
London is a city with many incredible restaurants, but what about restaurants that serve amazing food while still being kid-friendly? It may seem like you have to make a choice between a quality dining experience and a meal that will satisfy the whole family, but that’s not the case. We’ve rounded up 10 of the best kid-friendly restaurants in London that will make the kids happy without sacrificing the quality of the meal or the experience for the adults.
If you’re interested in something sweeter, check out our 9 Best Places to Get Dessert in London with Kids. For a treat in the middle of the day, check out our 9 Best Kid-Friendly Afternoon Teas in London.
WAHACA – A kid-friendly Mexican restaurant in London
Wahaca may be a chain, but that doesn’t take away from its delicious and fresh Mexican cuisine and its extensive kids’ menu. In fact, Wahaca is perfect for the whole family—the food is authentic and never overly greasy or unhealthy! The decor and atmosphere is fun and lively, which kids will love. The kids’ menu allows the young ones to pick their own taco fillings or choose the “cheesy toasted quesadilla sandwiches”. With locations all over the city, Wahaca is truly convenient, but it’s never “fast food”.
- Address: 80 Wardour Street, London W1F 0TF, England
- Phone: +44 20 7734 0195
- Hours: Monday through Saturday from 12:00pm to 11:00pm, Sunday from 12:00pm to 10:30pm
- Website: http://www.wahaca.co.uk/locations/soho/
HOMESLICE – A kid-friendly pizza restaurant
London may not seem like one of those cities that are synonymous with great pizza, but Homeslice seeks to change that. This Covent Garden location is close to great shopping, so after a day of retail therapy, stop in for a delicious slice. Kids love it because of the incredible pizza and relaxed atmosphere—adults will probably love it for the same reasons! The menu is simple, but you really can’t go wrong at this place.
- Address: 13 Neal’s Yard | Seven Dials, London WC2H 9DP, England
- Phone: +44 20 3151 7488
- Hours: Everyday from 12:00pm to 11:00pm
- Website: http://www.homeslicepizza.co.uk/
HONEST BURGERS – Kid-friendly burgers!
If your group is craving a classic burger and fries, Honest Burgers is the place to go. Their deliciously decadent burgers will please the whole family. The location is casual, and so is the food, but it’s truly tasty. Plus, their kids’ menu serves the same burgers, just smaller. So the whole family will be able to enjoy this place together. Check out the extra special brunch menu!
- Address: 24 Thurloe Street, London SW7 2LT, England
- Phone: +44 20 3019 6440
- Hours: Monday through Saturday from 9:30am to 11:00pm, Sunday from 9:30am to 10:00pm
- Website: http://www.honestburgers.co.uk/
THE MAYFAIR CHIPPY – Kid-friendly fish & chips
How can you go to London without having some fish and chips? If your family is looking for this classic British dish done right, look no further than the Mayfair Chippy. There’s no kids’ menu here, but it’s really unnecessary—the fish and chips are the star of the show. However, for some extra incentive for the kids, the homemade ice cream is amazing here. If the adults are in need of some convincing too, it should be noted that this restaurant came recommended by the Michelin Guide in 2014 and won the Best Newcomer Award from the National Fish & Chip Awards in 2017 (yes, that’s a thing!).
- Address: 14 North Audley Street | Mayfair, London W1K 6WE, England
- Phone: +44 20 7741 2233
- Hours: Monday through Friday from 11:30am to 9:45pm, Saturday and Sunday from 11:00am to 9:45pm
- Website: http://www.mayfairchippy.com/
BABYLON (AT THE ROOF GARDENS) – A kid-friendly restaurant with a view
For something a bit more refined, yet still appealing to kids, head to the Babylon restaurant at the Roof Gardens. The Roof Gardens themselves are a sight to behold, free and available to visit regardless of whether you are dining at the restaurant, as long as there is no private event booked there that day. (Tip—make sure you bring photo IDs for your party.) The four different gardens are the Spanish Gardens, the Tudor Garden, the English Woodland, and the Wildlife. If you visit the latter garden, you might find some actual flamingos hanging out there! As for the restaurant itself, expect delicious gourmet food with a special kids’ menu (and a view overlooking the beautiful gardens.)
- Address: 99 Kensington High Street | 7th Floor, London W8 5SA, England
- Phone: +44 20 7368 3993
- Hours: Monday through Saturday from 12:00pm to 2:30pm and 6:30pm to 10:30 pm, Sunday from 12:00pm to 3:30pm
- Website: http://www.virginlimitededition.com/en/the-roof-gardens/babylon-restaurant
STICKY FINGERS – Rock and Roll made kid-friendly
This place is all about the rock and roll. It’s co owned by Bill Wyman, a former member of the Rolling Stones. This themed restaurant is perfect for families—the menu is traditional American fare, like burgers, macaroni and cheese, and chicken strips for the kids and an assortment of burgers, steaks, and other dishes for adults. With such a fun atmosphere and genuinely enjoyable food, you can’t go wrong at Sticky Fingers. You’ll even see some rock and roll memorabilia on the walls!
- Address: 1A Phillimore Gardens | Kensington Court, London W8 7QB, England
- Phone: +44 20 7938 5338
- Hours: Everyday from 12:00pm to 11:00pm
- Website: http://www.stickyfingers.co.uk/
ROKA – A japanese kid-friendly restaurant
If you and your kids have a taste for some good Japanese cuisine, then you can’t miss Roka. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the food is fresh and tasty. The interior is gorgeous but casual. If you sit near the kitchen area, you’ll be able to see some of the food preparation happen, which is always fun. There is no kids’ menu, but you can always order small plates of sushi, rice, or tempura. This is a great place for parents who still want to have an exciting meal with their kids.
- Address: 37 Charlotte Street, London W1T 1RR, England
- Phone: +44 20 7580 6464
- Hours: Monday through Saturday from 12:30 to 3:30 pm (till 4:00pm on Saturdays) and 5:30pm to 11:30pm, Sunday from 12:30pm to 4:00pm and 5:30pm to 10:30pm
- Website: https://www.rokarestaurant.com/roka-charlotte-street
HIX MAYFAIR – Gourmet restaurant with a kids’ menu
This is a unique example of a celebrated gourmet restaurant…with a kids’ menu! HIX Mayfair is the perfect balance between a nice sit-down meal and an experience kids will actually enjoy. The beautiful interior is accented by different pieces of artwork, which gives the place a unique feel. The adults might enjoy some halibut or fillet steak. And for the kids? How about something from the “Little Artists” menu—maybe a “minute” steak with chips and some ice cream for dessert?
- Address: Albemarle Street | Brown’s Hotel, London W1S 4BP, England
- Phone: +44 20 7518 4163
- Hours: Monday through Saturday from 12:00pm to 3:00pm and 5:30pm to 11:00pm, Sunday from 12:30pm to 4:00pm and 7:00pm to 10:30pm
- Website: http://www.hixrestaurants.co.uk/restaurant/hix-mayfair/
TREDWELL’S – Good casual dining with kids
For more casual dining in the Covent Garden neighborhood, head to Tredwell’s, which prides itself on being welcoming to both adults and children. The kids’ menu offers crispy chicken breast, cheesy tomato pizza, and more, while the standard menu boasts a selection of fish, chicken, duck, and steak. There’s also a prix fixe menu and a special Sunday roast. Chef Marcus Wareing is dedicated to providing a delicious dining experience for the whole family, and he succeeds in doing so—the restaurant even won AA’s London Restaurant of the Year.
- Address: 4A Upper St. Martin’s Lane | Covent Garden, London WC2H 9NY, England
- Phone: +44 20 3764 0840
- Hours: Monday through Thursday from 12:00pm to 2:30pm and 5:00pm to 10:00pm, Friday from 12:00pm to 3:00pm and 5:00pm to 11:00pm, Saturday from 12:00pm to 11:00pm, Sunday from 12:00pm to 3:45pm
- Website: https://www.tredwells.com/
SAVOY GRILL – Kid-friendly Gordon Ramsay restaurant
Chef Gordon Ramsay is one of the most famous British chefs today. Although he may have a bit of a reputation on TV, his restaurants are consistently excellent. The Savoy Grill, situated in the Savoy Hotel, is no exception. Ramsey also caters well to children—there’s a kids’ menu at this restaurant and they are very understanding about allergies and dietary restrictions. In no way does that take away from this restaurant’s gorgeous, refined atmosphere. This hotel was notorious in the past for welcoming notable like Marilyn Monroe and Winston Churchill. In fact the restaurant dates back to 1889, although it has underwent restoration since then. To visit a classic part of London’s celebrity history and also enjoy a delicious meal with the family, pay a visit to the Savoy Grill.
- Address: 91 Strand | The Savoy Hotel, London WC2R 0EU, England
- Phone: +44 20 7420 2065
- Hours: Monday through Saturday from 12:00pm to 12:00am, Sunday from 12:00pm to 11:00pm
- Website: https://www.gordonramsayrestaurants.com/savoy-grill/