The 9 Best Places To Get Dessert In London With Kids
Kids, adults—everyone loves dessert! Ice creams, pastries, cakes and other delicious treats can be found all around London, but if you’re looking for the best of the best, look no further. We’ve rounded up the nine best places to get dessert in London, starting with…
1. Peggy Porschen Cakes
For a truly whimsical experience, head to Peggy Porschen Cakes in Belgravia. The interior is delightfully pretty and pink, and the desserts are even more magical—and most importantly, they’re delicious! The bakery offers cupcakes and full size cakes as well, along with cookies and coffee. This place is pretty popular. It can be hard to get a table on the weekends, so it might be worth it to go during the week or get some pastries to go. Either way, you’re in for a real treat.
- Address: 116 Ebury Street, London SWIW 9QQ, England
- Phone number: +44 20 7730 1316
- Hours: Sunday through Wednesday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Thursday through Saturday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Website: https://www.peggyporschen.com/
Is there anything better than a good scoop (or more) of gelato? Gelupo brings the sweet icy treat right to the heart of London. The flavors are as adventurous as they are delicious—Gelupo serves Ricotta Coffee & Honey and Blood Orange gelato, for example. But every flavor is expertly crafted. Not to mention the rave reviews Gelupo has received from publications like British Vogue and Elle UK—this place is a must try.
- Address: 7 Archer Street, London W1D 7AU, England
- Phone number: +44 20 7287 5555
- Hours: Sunday 12:00pm to 10:00pm, Monday through Thursday 12:00 pm to 10:30 pm, Friday through Saturday 12:00 pm to 11:30 pm
- Website: http://www.gelupo.com/
Don’t just go by the name—Etnacoffee is about much more than just caffeinated beverages. The small, almost hidden store in Westminster neighborhood also serves authentic Sicilian food. But if you’re not going there for dinner, you should definitely stop in for dessert. Delicious fresh cannolis, cakes, tartes, and pastries keep Etnacoffee’s loyal customers coming back again and again. Winner of the TimeOut Love London award in 2016, Etnacoffee is a sweet spot you might have to look twice to find, but you don’t want to miss.
- Address: 3 Victoria Arcade, London SW1E 5ND, England
- Phone number: +44 20 8127 8588
- Hours: Saturday and Sunday 9:00am to 8:30pm, Monday through Friday 7:00am to 8:30pm
- Website: www.etnacoffee.net/
4. La Petite Bretagne
Yes, it’s possible to find delicious French desserts in London, thanks to La Petite Bretagne in Hammersmith. Offering delicious crepes, galettes, and pastries, people come here for the atmosphere as much as the delicious desserts—the restaurant is decorated like a charming French kitchen with a bit of a modern twist. Comfortable and quaint, La Petite Bretagne is another TimeOut Love London award winner, this time in 2014 and 2016.
- Address: 65 Clapham Park Road, London SW4 7EH, England
- Phone number: +44 20 7627 8645
- Hours: Sunday through Saturday 8:00am to 11:00pm
- Website: http://www.lapetitebretagne.co.uk/
5. The Crepe Factory
The Crepe Factory is another place to taste delightful French desserts in London. What sets it apart is its colorful, kid-friendly appeal. Kids (and adults) will love the deliciously sweet crepes, waffles, and ice cream as well as the playful décor and friendly staff.
- Address: 297 North End Road, London W14 9NS, England
- Phone number: +44 02073852563
- Hours: Sunday through Saturday 10:00am to 11:00pm
- Website: https://thecrepefactory.co.uk
6. The Hummingbird Bakery
At this bakery in the iconic Notting Hill neighborhood, cupcakes are the stars of the show. Each one is a real treat to look at, but even better to eat. It’s a chain, with locations in Soho, South Kensington, and more, but the Notting Hill location is the most popular because of its cozy atmosphere. Stop by for some cakes and a nice cup of coffee after walking London’s beautiful neighborhoods.
- Address: Notting Hill 133 Portobello Road, London W11 2DY, England
- Phone number: 0044202078511795
- Hours: Sunday 11:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday 10:00am to 6:00pm, Saturday 9:00am to 6:30pm
- Website: https://hummingbirdbakery.com
If you’re looking for Japanese desserts, look no further. Tombo is a popular Japanese spot in South Kensington that boasts authentic food and delectable desserts. They’re well known for their matcha, but not just in tea (although that comes recommended as well). Londoners also love Tombo’s matcha ice cream and even matcha brownies! They have a great afternoon tea menu and desserts you can eat there or take out.
- Address: 29 Thurloe Place South Kensington, London SW7 2HQ, England
- Phone number: +44 20 7589 0018
- Hours: Sunday 11:00am to 8:00pm, Monday through Saturday 11:30am to 9:00pm
- Website: http://tombocafe.com/
8. Harrod’s Ice Cream Parlour
For something more classic and timeless, you can begin or end a day of shopping at Harrod’s Ice Cream Parlour. Located inside the iconic luxury department story, this ice cream parlor serves fairly traditional, but still delicious ice cream and sundaes. Relax, take a break, and order a coffee or tea while enjoying the magnificent store. The kids will love the ice cream, and adults will love the moments of peace in one of London’s most celebrated stores.
- Address: 87-135 Brompton Road, Second Floor Harrod’s, London SW1X 7XL, England
- Phone number: +44 20 7893 8959
- Hours: Store Hours: Sunday 11:30am to 6:00pm, Monday through Saturday 10:00am to 9:00pm
- Website: http://www.harrods.com/content/the-store/restaurants/ice-cream-parlour
9. Chin Chin Labs
Sometimes, it can be fun to eat a dessert as exciting as it is tasty. For this, you’ll want to head over to Chin Chin Labs for their famous “Nitro Ice Cream.” It’s the first of its kind in London, and in Europe, using liquid nitrogen to make the ice cream as an alternative to freezing it. So you’ll be getting a science lesson while you eat delectable ice cream that tastes like no other. If you’d prefer to skip the ice cream, you can always opt for a coffee and a baked good and watch the magic happen.
- Address: 49-50 Camden Lock Place, London NW1 8AF, England
- Phone number: +44 7885 604284
- Hours: Sunday through Saturday 12:00pm to 7:00pm
- Website: http://www.chinchinlabs.com/
If you want us to make a reservation, or handle your family-friendly holiday in London, contact us! We’ll be more than happy to help.