Design Your Own Roman Fresco
How about experiencing a truly unique hands-on workshop with your children in Rome?
Our Design Your Own Roman Fresco is the perfect way to learn all about this form of art, and share a wonderful and entertaining family moment.
Located in a quaint workshop in a very small street in old Rome, facing the massive Castel Sant’ Angelo, your private arts teacher will be waiting for you.
After a brief introduction on the art of making frescoes, you will start with your own personal creation. Each member of the family will choose the design he/she wants to reproduce on the stone. Once your choice is made, you will follow the 4 main steps:
– Create the coat: you will add a mixture of wet limestone and sand on a ceramic tile (the term fresco comes from the Italian word fresh or wet: painting on fresh coating).
– Create the outlines: to prepare the transfer of the drawing on the wet coat, you will prick holes on a paper following the outlines of the design you have chosen to reproduce.
– Transfer the drawing: You will then apply a special black pigment on the paper, which will go through the holes and mark the wet stone
– Color the fresco: choose your colors and start painting. You’ll have to be quick!
After 2 hours, the coat will have dried up and both the pigment and the colors will have penetrated the plaster. You will be able to leave this private workshop, each with your own frescoes and a great big smile on your face.
- An initiation to the art of making frescoes
- A hands-on, fun-packed workshop with a private teacher
- A creating of a family fresco that you will bring back home
|Price per family (6 people max)||
|Duration of the activity||2 hours|
|Minimum age||6 years|
|What is included:||
– Private teacher for your family
– Private charming venue
– A fresco for each member of your family you can bring back home