Fresco Painting Like Michelangelo
This introduction to the art of fresco is a fun-filled hands-on workshop that will let you create your own fresco painting, with techniques used by Michelangelo himself.
How about experiencing a truly unique hands-on workshop with your children in Rome?
Our Fresco Painting Like Michelangelo hands-on workshop is the perfect way to learn all about this form of art, and share a wonderful and entertaining family moment.
Let your private art teacher explain all there is to know about this for of art used by so many painters of the past, in a small charming workshop in central Rome, just a stone’s throw away from the impressive Castel Sant’ Angelo.
After a brief introduction on the art of making frescoes, you will start with your own personal creation. Each member of the family chooses the design he/she wants to reproduce on the stone. Once your choice is made, just follow the 4 main steps:
– Create the coat by adding a mixture of wet limestone and sand on a ceramic tile (the term fresco comes from the Italian word fresh or wet: painting on fresh coating).
– Create the outlines, to prepare the transfer of the drawing on the wet coat, by pricking holes on a paper following the outlines of the design you have chosen to reproduce.
– Transfer the drawing by applying a special black pigment on the paper, which will go through the holes and mark the wet stone
– Color the fresco, choosing your colors. You’ll have to be quick as everything needs to be done before the coat gets dry!
After 2 hours, the coat will have dried up and both the pigment and the colors will have penetrated the plaster. You will leave this private workshop, each with your own frescoes à la Michelangelo and a great big smile on your face.
- An initiation to the art of making frescoes
- A hands-on, fun-filled workshop with a private art teacher (who happens to be a professional fresco restorer)
- A small fresco per person, using Michelangelo’s technique, that you will bring back home
|Price per family (6 people max)||
|Duration of the activity||2 hours|
|Minimum age||6 years|
|What is included:||
– Private teacher for your family
– Private charming venue
– A fresco for each member of your family you can bring back home