Meet your private, fully-licensed guide at the bottom of the Glória Funicular and take a short ride to reach the top of the hill from where you will have a beautiful overview of the city of Lisbon.
From here, follow your guide downhill on a discovery of Chiado, one of the most charming and vibrant districts of Lisbon. The first stop is the Sao Roque Church, which is one of the most beautiful churches in Lisbon.
As you head down towards the busy streets of Garret and Carmo, you will also see remains of the ancient city walls, the beautiful exterior of the Sao Carlos Theater (greatly inspired by La Scala Theater of Milan) and the roofless Carmo Convent. Other curiosities include old shops on Rua Garret such as Ourivesaria Alianca (jewelry) and Bertrand, the oldest operating bookstore in the world.
Once you have reached the large Don Pedro IV square, you won’t be far away from the Sao Domingo Church, another church that suffered the deadly 1755 earthquake. This last stop marks the end of the tour.
To keep the children engaged, they will each get a fun-filled game booklet.
This tour is available in the following languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
Meeting Point: Glória Funicular
Finish: Sao Domingo Church
- A private, fully-licensed guide who knows how to keep the children engaged
- Entrance to Sao Roque Church, Carmo Convent and Sao Domingo Church
- Tickets to the Glória Funicular
- A game booklet and gift for each child
- Transfer to Glória Funicular and from Sao Domingo Church
- Tips and purchases such as souvenirs
- Drinks and snacks
- The Glória Funicular
- The view from the Sao Pedro de Alcantara viewpoint
- The interiors of Sao Roque church, Carmo Convent and Sao Domingo
- The busy streets of Garret and Carmo
Book exclusive family-friendly holidays in Lisbon.
In order to make sure you have the best time during your stay in Lisbon with your kids, we have designed unique, fun-filled, family-friendly activities.Plan a trip