Meet your private, experienced art teacher and let him/her show you how to paint like the famous Post-Impressionist painter: Vincent Van Gogh.
This workshop is a great way to learn about the artist and understand how he used colors and brush strokes to express his feelings and emotions. All you need to do is follow the instructions of your art teacher on how to use shape, color, brushstrokes like Van Gogh and you will be painting like him in no-time.
In the studio, several still lifes will be set up as decoration and inspiration, like sunflowers, gladiolus, irises, old shoes, clogs, chairs, decanter with lemons, vases etc, which are things that also inspired the Post-Impressionist master himself. Around the still lifes, you will find easels and work tables with painting tools.
The art teacher will introduce the assignment by explaning the technique, the use of color and give a short demonstration. You will paint your own flowers (or other still lifes) on a canvas of 30 x 40 cm.
A special box is given to you to take away your own painting directly.
The Painting Like Van Gogh hands-on workshop is the perfect combination to an earlier visit to the Van Gogh Museum (Discovering Van Gogh).
This experience is available in the following languages : English
Meeting Point: At the Van Gogh workshop
Finish: At the Van Gogh workshop
- A private, experienced and skilled art teacher who knows how to handle children
- A private venue
- All the material needed to paint like Van Gogh
- Your own Van Gogh reproduction at the end of the workshop
- Transfer to and from the workshop
- Snacks and drinks (except for water)
- How to use paint and brush strokes to transcribe emotions
- Learning how to paint like Van Gogh
- Learning a bit about the life of the Post-Impressionist painter
Book exclusive family-friendly holidays in Amsterdam.
In order to make sure you have the best time during your stay in Amsterdam with your kids, we have designed unique, fun-filled, family-friendly activities.Plan a trip