The Canals of Amsterdam
Amsterdam is often called the Venice of the North, and when you know how many canals and bridges there are, it’s not very surprising!
Our Canals of Amsterdam tour will help you and your family learn everything about the construction and the use of these canals throughout the centuries.
Your experience starts with a visit to the Canal Museum (Grachtenhuis) where a highly entertaining and interactive audio guide will explain why Amsterdam was built this way. How were those canals dug, and why was it so important? You’ll find all the answers in the Canal Museum.
After this approximately 40 minute visit, it’s time to hop in your private boat and discover Amsterdam from the canals for a bit more than 1.5 hours. You will see all the highlights of the capital, from the Dancing Houses and the Skinny Bridge to the famous 7 bridges and the Golden Bend, as well as iconic houses and even the Amsterdam zoo!
With a game booklet in hand, and fun facts given by our guide, your children will enjoy this lovely cruise along the Amsterdam canals.
- A private, fully licensed guide who knows how to keep the children engaged
- Tickets to the Canal Museum with a highly interactive audio guide
- A private boat and captain for approximately 1.5 hours.
- Fun-filled game booklets given to each child
|Price per family (6 people max)||
|Duration of the activity||2,5 hours|
|Minimum age||6 years|
|Restrictions||Museum closed on Monday|
|What is included:||
– Private certified guide
– Tickets to the Canal Museum
– Private boat on the canals
– Game booklets for each child